The process is where the learning happens. Below you will find my journey as I worked towards the product for my Major Product for EC&I 832. To see the final product (which is still a work in progress), please visit my Transliterate Librarian Website. Please click the links below to see the process of completing my final project in more detail.
- I started out wanting to go the “Internet-based Social Activism” route, but after a few glitches… I changed route.
- After attending a New TL meeting, I was inspired by an infographic by Joyce Valenza and Gwyneth Jones on Transliteracy. So my major project shifted to the Role of the TL.
- After attending a PD session through RCSD on Digital Citizenship, I figured out how I would present my ideas through lesson plans using the Digital Citizenship Lesson Plan framework as created by the RCSD Educational Technology team.
- I was able to focus in on which lessons I would like to create for the website and began working at creating them.
- The process is a bit of a messy journey, but there is still process! I am chipping away at my lesson plans and have formatted the website where I will upload the lesson plans. Hopefully the way it is organized in my head and on the website will make sense to others!
- This week I was able to create (and hopefully finalize) the landing pages for my final project on Transliterate Librarians.
- I am finally at the point where I feel comfortable sharing my website with people! What an exciting thing to do! I still have 8 lessons to finish, but I am confident I will be able to finish high quality lessons to add to my website. I sure hope others are able to use the lessons I am creating to transform their teaching!
- My final project is completed at this point in time. It is my hope that it continues to grow with help and expertise from other TLs. I am very satisfied the final product and hope others benefit from the lessons.